With the Hawaiian winter swells now in full swing, the Sunset Beach Pro is just around the corner, with the start scheduled for Sunday 6th February. Tension is rising as the athletes prepare to do battle at one of the world’s most infamous and challenging waves. As Kai Lenny steps up to defend both his event title at Sunset, but also his World Title, his compeition will be hoping to take down this young Champion from Maui on his home turf in Hawaii, whether it be arch rival Peyo Lizarazu, rising stars Leco Salazar and Antoine Delpero, Hawaiian challengers Robin Johnston, Duane DeSoto and Ikaika Kalama to mention just a few , or the leading Tahitian and Australian frontrunners. You can also never count out local favorites such as Kamaki Worthington and Kala Alexander, especially if the waves end up being of consequence. The field is wide open at this point and it is truly anyone’s as we prepare for one of the most exciting showdowns in the sport’s history.
• Trials Event (first possible start 6th February – open entry to earn a place in the Main Event)
• Na Kama Kai Youth Challenge: An event for the under 15’s (15 years and under), the winner will be awarded a place in the main event
• The prestigious Main Event, stop #1 on the Stand Up Paddle World Tour
• Na Kama Kai Youth Clinics: Ocean sports and culture clinics for Hawaii’s under privileged youth
• Surfrider Beach Clean Up: Beach clean up for the Sunset Beach area
For more information see: Stand Up World Tour